Citrus Kiwi Smoothie #vitamix #aSmoothieADay


I love citrus in the wintertime. It gives me a fresh boost of Vitamin C, one of the most powerful antioxidants (great for staving off colds, or fighting the cold you already have). This smoothie also offers a taste of summertime, a hint of warm weather ahead. After the recent polar vortex madness, I really need to be reminded that this winter won't last forever.

This smoothie includes clementines, because all I want to do lately is throw clementines in my Vitamix. It also has pink grapefruit, lime, and kiwi—this little fruit not only has loads of Vitamin C, but also Vitamin K, fiber, and even omega-3s. It's a sweet-tart drink and so fresh and cool; it's a nice balance to all the hot, heavy meals we tend to eat in the cold weather.

Ingredients

  • 2 clementines, peeled
  • 1/2 large red grapefruit, peeled
  • 1/2 lime, peeled
  • 1 kiwi (I usually don't peel them, but this one had a super tough peel, so I took it off)
  • about 4 ounces water
  • small handful of ice



Blend and drink up!

Comments

Popular Posts